Who We Are
Looking to stay connected with like-minded business women?
The Kitchener Waterloo Business Women's Association is a community of career women representing a variety of business interests in Waterloo region.
Our members bring unique skills, talents and personalities to the group, making it an ideal place to learn, grow and make new connections!
Each member represents one business category (i.e. one hairdresser, one veterinarian, and so on).
The KWBWA is dedicated to building mutually beneficial relationships, offering opportunities for professional and personal growth, and to network.
Come and see what the KWBWA has to offer you!
2016 Christmas Party
We enjoyed a lovely gathering to celebrate the season and the wonderful friendships in this group.
Check out the photos on FACEBOOK!!
Thank you to the Honourable Bardish Chagger... our MP for Waterloo... Minister for Small Business and Tourism... AND the first female Government House Leader for speaking to us on November 10, 2016.
She was amazing and insightful on how this government is trying to change things in a tech world and bring the country together.
Thank you to Daiene Vernile
Connect - A Classy Networking Affair: Another wonderful networking event!
...for her empowering speech on women taking leadership roles in their lives on September 8, 2016.
- all of you for your role in helping make our event, Connect - A Classy Networking Affair held on Thursday, June 2, 2016, a success
- our committee members who were incredibly generous with their time and their ideas. Thank you for all of your efforts.
- Nancy, thank you for your professionalism and for being a great role model for the KW Business Women's Association.
- Marie and Kendra, thank you for covering the reception desk and making the experience a smooth and professional one, in particular to those who were new to us.
- Paula, you did a fabulous job on the baskets - many thanks for your creativity and organization.
- Nicole, as always, we appreciate all that you do for our association - thanks for looking after the invoicing and other financial details.
- Brigitte & Kristin, so wonderful to see the photos and the quotes - thank you both for coordinating. Brigitte, we truly appreciate you capturing some great shots of this event and posting them - thank-you!
- Kristin, thank you for coordinating the greeters for our event. It raised the bar for the experience and we are grateful that that. As well, for the fabulous job you did in sharing your story about the charms.
Thank you for inviting guests, attending the event, making our guests feel welcome,
and last but not least, donating the wonderful prizes!
Cheers and gratitude,
The variety of women members, not only in the businesses represented, but the business and personality strengths of each one makes belonging to this organization both beneficial and fun.Carolyn Pegg
Hallman Business Forms
For over 30 years I have enjoyed the camaraderie of all of the women in the KWBWA. They are a dynamic, wonderful group of women.Elizabeth Uffelman-Wing
- January 19, 2017
Business Meeting (No Guests Please)
- January 26, 2017
Paula Anstett, Arbonne, Member Update
- February 2, 2017
Karis Burkowski, author, will discuss her book "Why Men Made God"
- February 9, 2017
TBD + Board Meeting
- February 16, 2017
Business Meeting (No Guest Please)
NOTE for Regular Thursday Meetings:
Holiday Inn, Fairway Road, Kitchener (Map)
Aesthetician, Visual Artist, Osteopath, Optometrist, Shoe Store, Health Food, Plumber, Woodworking, Florist, Personal Trainer, Computer/ Sales/ IT, Gift Baskets, Party Store, Entertainment, Physiotherapy, Yoga/ Pilates, Cleaning, Bakery/ Cake design, Funeral Services, Reflexology, Electrolysis
*If you do not see your business category please contact Membership for more options!
We welcome any women who conduct business primarily within Waterloo Region, Ontario!